Pre-order Delivery Due TBA 2024
$99.00 + Postage
Pre-Order today with a $10.00 deposit.
Shell V-Power Racing Team #98 Ford Mustang GT 2023 Repco Bathurst 1000 Wildcard Livery Simona De Silvestro/Kai Allen
A new era began in 2023 when Gen3 Supercars were introduced to race in the Supercars Championship. A significant evolution from the previous Gen2 platform, the Gen3 rules implemented a raft of changes for the Ford Mustang GT Supercar in 2023, with a large focus on achieving a much closer visual connection to its road going counterpart, more controlled parts and less downforce to encourage greater racing.
For the 2023 Bathurst 1000, Dick Johnson Racing rolled out three Shell V-Power backed Mustang’s to tackle Mount Panorama. Two cars featured the familiar red, white and yellow livery which has become a mainstay for the team across recent years but the third, a Wildcard entry raced by international racer Simon De Silvestro and young gun Kai Allen was the car that really caught everyone’s attention.
With #98 on the windows in homage to Shell’s 98 octane premium unleaded fuel, the livery was essentially a reverse of the teams’ regular livery with a dominant bright yellow colour scheme that was a fantastic change and just looked really, really cool.
It was the first time Dick Johnson Racing entered a wildcard at Bathurst, making this a special collectors item for fans of the iconic team.
- Die-cast model, sealed body with clear windows.
- Detailed racing cockpit and Gen3 undercarriage.
- Comprised of roughly 65 individual metal and plastic parts.
- Anywhere between 50-100 steps in paint and decoration finishing.
- Limited edition. Model comes presented in a display case with car details printed on base plate and numbered backing board which acts as the Certificate of Authenticity.